Since 1993, the Silent Rivers team has been made of the top artisans amongst the building and remodeling field in Greater Des Moines. We believe in supporting meaningful careers in our trade and creating an enjoyable environment.
We are always looking for great people to add to our team! If your personal values align with our company values, please contact us about available positions. We look forward to connecting with you!
Silent Rivers Design+Build is seeking someone with strong, creative talent, along with exceptional leadership and aesthetic management skills, to be a part of a nationally recognized and award-winning team. As Senior Lead Designer you will play a leadership role in a creative team of designers and collaborate with clients to create inspiring projects and timeless homes.
- Create/monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Enhance the process and deliverables of the design process through continuous training, support and mentoring
- Refine and implement department and drafting standards utilizing Autodesk Revit and AIA best practices.
- Interact and build relationships with clients and vendors.
- Collaborate with internal project teams to establish budget appropriate designs and proposals.
- Generate and develop overall design concepts and formulate presentation strategies.
- Prepare, present and/or review the Project Scope Document (PSD) that outlines project goals, budget, and timelines.
- Manage client allowances and product selections during and after the design process.
- Document any specific sources for products and materials specified for your projects.
- Research and verify compliance within planning & zoning and building & energy codes.
- Produce P&Z and/or building permit packages and advocate for the client as necessary.
- Create construction drawings utilizing Revit software to include layout of existing conditions, conceptual designs, design development, refinement, details, and construction documents. Working drawings may include plans, elevations, sections, and details.
- Prepare and present construction contracts to the client, accompanied by the construction drawings as the written scope of work and costs of construction.
- Maintain a minimum weekly average of 20+ billable hours in design.
Estimating and Production
- Collaborate with the internal estimating team for budget-appropriate designs and construction proposals.
- Provide aesthetic management during construction of project to ensure design intent.
- Provide design solutions for any unforeseen site conditions as necessary.
- Participate in Post-Production Assessments providing feedback and gathering insight for use in future projects.
Marketing & Sales
- Contribute to monthly blog content
- Assist with online social marketing efforts (Facebook, Houzz, etc.)
- Complete Project Summary write-ups and request client testimonials
- Assist with award submissions
- Be available to work trade show and networking events
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Designer/Architect.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Design, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with Autodesk Building Suite, AutoCAD, & Revit.
- 5+ years of experience in overseeing the preparation of design-phase deliverables, including bid/construction documents.
- Strong proficiency in building & energy codes, construction practices, & architectural design.
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Experience in project and client management.
- Experience with estimating preferred but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
Simple IRA plan with 3% matching by employer, Flex Spending Plan, Paid Holidays, and Paid Vacation.
$60,000 to $80,000/year
Autodesk Revit: 10 years (Preferred)
Design/Architecture: 10 years (Preferred)
Silent Rivers Design+Build is not your average remodeler and new home builder. We are highly dedicated to the art of our craft and produce excellent results for our customers and therefore excellent careers for our team. Learn more about Silent Rivers »