Silent Rivers is a leader in healthy, sustainable solutions. We can reduce toxic materials in construction, promoting a healthier environment in and around your home.
The design+build process naturally lends itself to sustainable, efficient building and remodeling methods that reduce environmental impact, improve indoor air quality and increase energy efficiency. Through ongoing education and a passion for sustainability, our team has deep knowledge and proven expertise to recommend and incorporate eco-friendly materials and systems whenever possible to reduce contaminants and minimize energy use. Our artisans receive ongoing education on sustainable building methods and some are certified as LEED AP.
Silent Rivers’ healthy home practices include:
- Paints used in your home are VOC-free and lead-free.
- Recommendations are made for smooth and easily cleanable surface materials.
- We consult with you on energy efficiency, ventilation and weatherization techniques.
- Indoor air quality is considered throughout the entire remodeling process, including deconstruction, and in materials selection.
- Opportunities to reduce water consumption and properly manage storm water are factored into applicable projects.
- Our sustainable resource management methods include site source separation during deconstruction so that eligible materials can be donated for reuse.
A few examples of Healthy Home projects Silent Rivers has created over the years: