As part of this client’s full kitchen remodel we also took on a family room remodel that required only slight modifications — replacing the existing fireplace and installing cabinetry — to make all of the living areas more functional.
The original living room held a massive corner fireplace, a disruption to the space, and it made furniture arrangement challenging. We replaced it with a new, shallower unit located in the center of the wall. We installed new drawers on each side of the fireplace, plus extra open shelving for blanket and pillow storage. Finally, the new bench doubles as seating for guests.
- Fireplace design ideas: Hot ways to rethink a powerful focal point
- Hidden Treasures and Features: More from the Spectacular Kitchen Project!
- Spectacular Kitchen Project Unveiling: Mo’ Space, Mo’ Function
- Project in Progress Part II: Finding a Solution for the Unexpected
- Project in Progress: Clive Kitchen Remodel & Expansion