This new custom home was inspired by our client’s lifelong affinity for barns. The finished home not only incorporates features of barns, but also mixes in elements of the farmhouse-industrial style. Most of the wood used throughout the house is salvaged from old barns, and we used faux brick tile, exposed pipes, steel, and other industrial elements to complete the look.
We located the living area on the upper level to overlook the surrounding beautiful piece of land. The deck became another room of its own, where we incorporated many of the industrial elements from inside to the outdoors. It’s a seamless transition when our clients want to enjoy a relaxing day enjoying the splendor of nature encircling them.
- A year of metal inspirations in home design
- Fireplace design ideas: Hot ways to rethink a powerful focal point
- For the love of pets in Greater Des Moines homes
- Designer Tyson Leyendecker and his stunning remodeled & new homes
- A Lifetime Love of Barns Inspires a New Custom Home
- Project in Progress: New Home Beginning Construction Tips!
- Project in Progress: Silent Rivers New Home, Start to Finish!